Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - PRNBillings, Montana
Kindred Healthcare, Inc., Billings Clinic and St. Vincent Healthcare are in partnership to operate a 34-bed Inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Billings, Montana.
The Rehabilitation Hospital of Montana, offers all private rooms and treats patients who are recovering from conditions such as stroke, traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve.
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) is responsible for directing, modifying and administering occupational therapy modalities of treatment as supervised by the Occupational Therapist. Administers treatments and physical agents as directed by the Occupational Therapist, after the Occupational Therapist has evaluated the patient. The COTA assists with restoration of patient functioning to prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability.Qualifications
- AA degree from a school or college approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Holds current certificate as Occupational Therapy Assistant in the state of Montana.
- Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English and additional languages preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of physical medicine, occupational therapy modalities, anatomy and physiology.
- Basic knowledge of physical therapy machine operation, maintenance and repairs of same.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.