Rehabilitation Liaison - Full-Time - Beaufort, SC Beaufort, South Carolina
The incumbent will be responsible for development and implementation of educational and community relations activities which will support awareness and utilization of the rehabilitation program's services. The incumbent will also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible team fashion.
- Ability to clearly and professionally interact with patients and families, while gathering additional clinical information and past history.
- Target area research including analysis of like programs and alternative levels of care.
- Participate in direct contact with patients and patient representatives, for educational services as requested by patients, or for quality assurance.
- Develop educational and community relations plans in consultation with Program Director, Medical Director, and Nurse Manager.
- Maintain effective communication with patients, families, healthcare providers, employers, clients and team members.
- Complete monthly operations summary report.
- Participate in team meetings along with Medical Director, Program Director, Nurse Manager, Therapy Coordinator, and others, as applicable.
- Contribute to development of improved efficiency and productivity of program clinical/administrative functions.
- Participate in continuing education/professional development activities.
- Participate in Clinical Program Development as identified through market demand.
- Educate specific specialized physicians on quality, programs, accreditations, and regulations on inpatient acute rehabilitation, as applicable.
- Participate in program quality management activities. Collect quality review data. Participate in survey preparation activities. Interact with assigned program consultant. Participate in unit safety activities.
- Contribute to the delivery of cost effective care.
- Ensure prior authorization of insurance claims.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, co-workers and others.
- Adhere to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, client hospital and KHRS.
- Ability to travel in the community to meet clients/customers.
- Ability to communicate well utilizing a multitude of different media.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 80%
- At a minimum, should hold a 2 year degree or a four year degree from a college program with a bachelor’s degree in a health related, business or marketing area of concentration.
- Previous marketing/sales experience preferred
- Other professional licensure considered based on experience and training as outlined in the state licensure act.
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable transportation required.
- A track record of successful experience in a health care setting, strong interpersonal skills, and experience working with physicians, nursing management, discharge planners, case managers, and social workers.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.