Respiratory Therapist - Full Time - DaysBeachwood, Ohio
UH Rehabilitation Hospital is a joint venture between University Hospitals and Kindred Healthcare, bringing together the expertise of both world-class organizations. Our goal is to restore lives, helping patients regain their independence so they can return home. Our 50-bed, state-of-the-art acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital is dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced a variety of conditions.
- Maintains knowledge of the various methods of oxygen delivery, including the necessary equipment. Remains alert to assess possible side effects to oxygen delivery.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments, understands the purpose of each and the possible side effects associated with each.
- Sets-up and monitors mechanical ventilators and the associated critical care duties required for such treatment, such as airway management and tracheal suctioning.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation. Makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Performs arterial punctures to obtain arterial blood samples for blood gas analysis, and understands the possible complications and contraindications associated with the procedure.
- Current State Respiratory Therapist Licensure.
- Graduate of an AMA-approved School of Respiratory Therapy.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current Mandatory reporter.
- Three (3) or more years of previous experience in all aspects of cardiopulmonary services.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
Basic computer knowledge.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.