Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) - PRNBeachwood, Ohio
University Hospitals Rehabilitation Hospital is proud to be recognized by Newsweek as one of America's Best Rehabilitation Hospitals in 2021!
UH Rehabilitation Hospital is a joint venture between University Hospitals and Kindred Healthcare, bringing together the expertise of both world-class organizations. Our goal is to restore lives, helping patients regain their independence so they can return home. Our 50-bed, state-of-the-art acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital is dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced a variety of conditions.
- Under guidance of supervising PT: Acquires pertinent information and implements comprehensive program using varied techniques and treatment activities; reviews and modifies treatment in response to changing patient needs; identifies equipment and discharge needs.
- Is aware of patient injury/diagnosis and takes all necessary precautions for observing indications and contradictions.
- Assists the patient in the preparation for treatment/modality as necessary.
- Provides treatment to diverse diagnostic populations and completes supporting documentation according to hospital policy and State Practice Act.
- Communicates collaborates with support personnel regarding treatment orders as directed by the supervising PT.
- Applies the physical agents, therapeutic exercises or gait-training activates as outlined by the licensed PT, in the patient POC. Progresses patients in an appropriate manner when deemed necessary by the PT.
- Observes treatment affect, accomplishment of short and long term goals and recommends change to the supervising PT, if needed.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective written, verbal and non-verbal communication with team members through the continuum of care.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation, including QI scoring, of patient treatment in the patient medical record as indicated
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function of participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate interventions to reduce pain after consulting with supervising OTR/L and makes appropriate physician contact as indicated.
- When necessary, instructs care giver/family members in home exercise program as related to the patient’s functional and ambulatory status: discusses necessary equipment for the home situation.
- Records daily charges within day of treatment
- Writes progress notes in accordance with departmental policy.
- Reports on patient’s status at team and family conferences when necessary. (Team conferences should be attended by the supervising PT and with the PTA in attendance.)
- May transport patients/equipment to/from therapy gym.
- Utilizes specialized equipment, testing procedures and/or advanced treatment techniques with appropriate competency
- Current state licensure as a Physical Therapy Assistant.
experience in the care of patients preferred.
- Current BLS/CPR.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.