Pharmacy Technician - IRF PRN - University Hospitals Rehabilitation HospitalBeachwood, Ohio
UH Rehabilitation Hospital in Beachwood is a joint venture between University Hospitals and Kindred Healthcare, bringing together the expertise of both world-class organizations. Opened in 2013, our 50-bed, state of the art acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital is focused on improving the functional status of our patients after an injury or illness with the goal of returning our patients home safely.
The Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacists by preparing medications, by performing routine duties, and by delivery of medications and assists with clerical functions.
- Performs functions which help keep the department clean and orderly.
- Assists the pharmacist in responding to the requests and needs of patients, and hospital staff.
- Fills and delivers the patient medication drawers accurately and in accordance with departmental policy.
- Performs delivery to and from nursing units and carries out any procedures associated with this responsibility.
- Operates the packaging machine safely according to procedure. Maintains proper packaging records.
- Assists with the gathering of work load statistics.
- Identifies functional safety needs for the individual patient or customer and takes appropriate action.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of Joint Commission standards.
- Demonstrates commitment to a healthy working environment.
- May act as a preceptor/mentor to other pharmacy technician(s).
- High School graduate
- Prior experience in hospital pharmacy is desirable.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification is preferred
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.