Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Full Time NightsBeachwood, Ohio
UH Rehabilitation Hospital in Beachwood, Ohio, is a 50-bed, state-of-the-art acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals. Our goal is to restore lives, helping patients regain their independence so that they can return home. UH Rehabilitation Hospital is proud to be recognized by Newsweek as one of America’s Best Rehabilitation Hospitals in 2021.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on the age and clinical condition of the patient
- Reduces the potential for medication errors by following correct medication procedures.
- Performs patient care considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age; includes geriatric and general inpatient rehabilitation patients.
- Under the supervision of the R.N., assists with the assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. Identifies and initiates appropriate rehabilitation nursing interventions.
- Under the supervision of the R.N., performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Carry out the plan of care as indicated by the patient’s needs and response to treatment; evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness; updates interdisciplinary care plan accordingly based on changes in patient’s condition and individual needs.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care
- Demonstrates ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services according to level of licensure.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Graduate of accredited LPN/LVN School of Nursing
- Current LPN/LVN licensure in the State employed
- Valid CPR Certification
- At least one (1) year of nursing experience preferred
- Evidence of continuing education or special preparation or experience in gerontological nursing and/or long term care nursing desirable
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.