Housekeeper - PRNBeachwood, Ohio
UH Rehabilitation Hospital is a joint venture between University Hospitals and Kindred Healthcare, bringing together the expertise of both world-class organizations. Our goal is to restore lives, helping patients regain their independence so they can return home. Our 50-bed, state-of-the-art acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital is dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced a variety of conditions.
Cleans and services building areas including patient rooms, common areas, floors, office areas etc. Moves furniture, trash, equipment and supplies and performs a variety of environmental services duties to maintain the hospital in a neat, safe and sanitary condition.
- Clean patient rooms, restrooms, lounges, offices, corridors, walls and windows daily or as scheduled.
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, scrub and/or shine floors; replace paper and soap produces in restrooms, clean mirrors, sinks and toilets, etc.
- Operate various types of equipment and machinery including vacuums and floor scrubbers.
- Collect and remove trash from building each day.
- Perform all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Report any malfunctions and maintenance problems. May perform minor repairs such as changing light bulbs as needed.
- Responsible for stocking linens throughout the hospital.
- Assists with office or room moves if needed.
- Adheres to all infection control policies and procedures. Reports safety hazards to supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Previous cleaning or housekeeping experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with patients, visitors and other hospital staff.
- Good general health and stress coping ability. Normal walking, standing, sitting, bending, carrying of l items such as linens, housekeeping equipment and supplies. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention, and professional development.
- Must be able to handle exposure to dirt, odors, dust, wetness/humidity, heat and cold.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.