Operating Room Technician PRN DaysBaldwin Park, California
- Set up tables, equipment, instruments and supplies.
- Assist in transporting the patient to and from the room. Intra-Op
- Count instruments, sharps, sponges and supplies and maintain a correct count throughout the procedure.
- Pass instruments to surgeons and supplies such as sutures, sponges, etc.
- Report and correct any break in the aseptic technique.
- Assist in preparing surgical specimen; fill out lab request forms. Post-Op:
- Dispose of all sharps used in operating procedure as well as infectious linens and supplies; decontaminate all equipment, instruments and supplies.
- Clean the patient after the procedure.
- Prepare the room for the next procedure by assisting in set-up and sterilization.
- Help in discharging patients; arrange patient transportation.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies, linens, instruments, procedure trays, equipment and forms used in procedures room.
- Track maintenance and service needs of equipment and instruments.
- Submit requests to order supplies to Special Procedures Nurse; assist in logging in procedures and end-of-the-month statistics.
Candidates must have surgical technician experience. Current certification as an Operating Room Technician preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.