Therapy Tech - PRN (As Needed)Austin, Texas
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital is a 50 bed inpatient rehab facility located at 700 W 45th Street, Austin TX 78751 specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Our team of rehabilitation experts develop an individualized treatment plan for each patient and their family to maximize recovery and return to home. We have daily coverage and access to emergency care, specialty physicians, imaging, lab, surgery services to take care of any medical situation which may arise in the course of recovery.
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, efficient medical rehabilitation to persons with disabling conditions in order to provide them the opportunity to achieve the highest attainable level of functional improvement. Specialty programs include stroke rehabilitation, brain injury rehab, orthopedic physical therapy, and amputation treatment.
Come join a close-knit and supportive staff. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. You will be responsible for the distribution, decontamination and storage of equipment and supplies. You will also ensure that supplies are maintained according to established guidelines, and monitor usage to determine need for a change in established levels
As a Therapy Tech:
- Follows patient care-related tasks as determined by the OT/PT to assist the resident in achieving optimal goals.
- Must be able to communicate in both verbally and in writing to members of the rehabilitation team.
- Visual acuity to perceive residents reactions to treatment and to read instructions.
- Able to lift and carry equipment, supplies and materials up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 6-12 months relevant experience strongly recommended in a rehab setting.
- CPR/BLS certification
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.