Respiratory Therapist Austin, Texas
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital is a 50 bed inpatient rehab facility located at 700 W 45th Street, Austin TX 78751 specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Our team of rehabilitation experts develop an individualized treatment plan for each patient and their family to maximize recovery and return to home. We have daily coverage and access to emergency care, specialty physicians, imaging, lab, surgery services to take care of any medical situation which may arise in the course of recovery.
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, efficient medical rehabilitation to persons with disabling conditions in order to provide them the opportunity to achieve the highest attainable level of functional improvement. Specialty programs include stroke rehabilitation, brain injury rehab, orthopedic physical therapy, and amputation treatment.
- Under the supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer, the Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing cardiopulmonary care services in accordance with specific physician’s orders, department policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of the various methods of oxygen delivery, including the necessary equipment. Remains alert to assess possible side effects to oxygen delivery.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments, understands the purpose of each and the possible side effects associated with each.
- Sets-up and monitors mechanical ventilators and the associated critical care duties required for such treatment, such as airway management and tracheal suctioning.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation. Makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Performs arterial punctures to obtain arterial blood samples for blood gas analysis, and understands the possible complications and contraindications associated with the procedure.
- Current State Respiratory Therapist Licensure.
- Graduate of an AMA-approved School of Respiratory Therapy.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current ACLS certification.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.