Registered NurseAustin, Texas
$20,000 sign-on bonus available, with a 30-month commitment.
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospilat is proud to be recognized by Newsweek as one of America’s Best Rehabilitation Hospitals in 2021.
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital is a 50-bed inpatient rehab facility located at 700 W. 45th Street, Austin, TX 78751 specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Our team of rehabilitation experts develop an individualized treatment plan for each patient and their family to maximize recovery and return to home. We have daily coverage and access to emergency care, specialty physicians, imaging, lab, surgery services to take care of any medical situation which may arise in the course of recovery.
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, efficient medical rehabilitation to persons with disabling conditions in order to provide them the opportunity to achieve the highest attainable level of functional improvement. Specialty programs include stroke rehabilitation, brain injury rehab, orthopedic physical therapy, and amputation treatment.
RN JOB SUMMARY:
Shifts are 12 hours (7AM-7PM or 7PM-7AM). Provides planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation. Develops nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary. Communicates changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate. Participates in discharges planning process.
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient needs.
- Provides patient and family teaching throughout the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI).
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of practice.
- Actively participates in team conferences.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to medical necessity in the medical record.
- Responsible for completion and revision of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each patient.
- Performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Current TX licensure as Registered Nurse required.
- CPR/BLS certification required.
- ACLS preferred.
- CRRN Preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Give your Best--Performs work that reflects the highest level of service and is a credit to self and positively represents Kindred. Keeping skills, competencies and required licensures/certifications current; displays mastery over attitude and behavior and pride in appearance.
Stay Focused on the Patient--Meets the patients’ needs and concerns by consistently acting in a patient-focused manner.
Do the right thing… Always--Demonstrates adherence to a strict moral or ethical code in performance of duties by always seeking to do the right thing. Takes ownership of all aspects of duties shown through reliable, timely performance and accountability
Create Fun In What you Do--Demonstrates a positive attitude toward work and devotion to the task at hand.
Respect Individuality to Create the Team--Cooperate with co-workers while performing duties leading to everyone being able to achieve success and giving recognition where it is due. Acknowledges the worth of others through professionalism, patience, and common courtesy
Be Kinder than Expected--Anticipating a need, providing service above and beyond expectations with compassion
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.