Registered Nurse - FulltimeAustin, Texas
$20,000 sign-on bonus available, with a 24-month commitment.
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospilat is proud to be recognized by Newsweek as one of America’s Best Rehabilitation Hospitals in 2021.
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital is a 50 bed inpatient rehab facility located at 700 W. 45th Street, Austin, TX 78751 specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Our team of rehabilitation experts develop an individualized treatment plan for each patient and their family to maximize recovery and return to home. We have daily coverage and access to emergency care, specialty physicians, imaging, lab, surgery services to take care of any medical situation which may arise in the course of recovery.
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, efficient medical rehabilitation to persons with disabling conditions in order to provide them the opportunity to achieve the highest attainable level of functional improvement. Specialty programs include stroke rehabilitation, brain injury rehab, orthopedic physical therapy, and amputation treatment.
RN JOB SUMMARY:
Shifts are 12 hours (7AM-7PM or 7PM-7AM). Provides planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation. Develops nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary. Communicates changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate. Participates in discharges planning process.
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient needs.
- Provides patient and family teaching throughout the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI).
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of practice.
- Actively participates in team conferences.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to medical necessity in the medical record.
- Responsible for completion and revision of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each patient.
- Performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
- Current TX licensure as Registered Nurse required.
- CPR/BLS certification required.
- ACLS preferred.
- CRRN Preferred
- Minimum six months Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.