Nursing AssistantAustin, Texas
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital is proud to be recognized by Newsweek as one of America’s Best Rehabilitation Hospitals in 2021.
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital (CTRH) is a 50-bed inpatient rehab facility located at 700 W. 45th Street, Austin, TX 78751. CTRH specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Our team of rehabilitation experts develop an individualized treatment plan for each patient and their family to maximize recovery and return to home.
CTRH is a joint venture between Kindred Healthcare, Inc. and Ascension Seton.
NURSING ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION:
Shifts are 12 hours starting at either 7 AM or 7 PM. This is a per diem, non-exempt position.
- Provides care which may include bed bath, shower, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, changing bed linens, cleaning over bed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
- Distributes drinking water and other nourishments to patients.
- Answers patient call lights, anticipates patient's needs and makes rounds to assigned patients.
- Reports and, when appropriate, records any changes observed in condition or behavior of patients and unusual incidents.
- Provides general nursing care: positioning patients, lifting and turning patients, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting patients with the bedpan, commode; assists ambulating patients. Uses correct body mechanics.
- Obtains and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight, intake and output.
- Other duties as assigned
- CPR/BCLS Certification highly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.