Licensed Vocational NurseAustin, Texas
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital is a 50 bed inpatient rehab facility located at 700 W. 45th Street, Austin, TX 78751 specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Our team of rehabilitation experts develop an individualized treatment plan for each patient and their family to maximize recovery and return to home. We have daily coverage and access to emergency care, specialty physicians, imaging, lab, surgery services to take care of any medical situation which may arise in the course of recovery.
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, efficient medical rehabilitation to persons with disabling conditions in order to provide them the opportunity to achieve the highest attainable level of functional improvement. Specialty programs include stroke rehabilitation, brain injury rehab, orthopedic physical therapy, and amputation treatment.
Provides patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on the age and clinical condition of the patient
- Reduces the potential for medication errors by following correct medication procedures.
- Performs patient care considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age; includes geriatric and general inpatient rehabilitation patients.
- Under the supervision of the R.N., assists with the assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. Identifies and initiates appropriate rehabilitation nursing interventions.
- Under the supervision of the R.N., performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Carry out the plan of care as indicated by the patient’s needs and response to treatment; evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness; updates interdisciplinary care plan accordingly based on changes in patient’s condition and individual needs.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/ health care errors.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of accredited licensed practical/vocational nurse program.
- Current Texas licensure as Licensed Vocational Nurse required.
- CPR/BLS certification required. ACLS preferred.
- IV Certified required or obtained within 6 months
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.