Case ManagerAustin, Texas
This is a PRN (per diem) position.
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital is a 50-bed inpatient rehab facility located at 700 W. 45th Street, Austin, TX 78751 specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Our team of rehabilitation experts develop an individualized treatment plan for each patient and their family to maximize recovery and return to home. We have daily coverage and access to emergency care, specialty physicians, imaging, lab, surgery services to take care of any medical situation which may arise in the course of recovery.
Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, efficient medical rehabilitation to persons with disabling conditions in order to provide them the opportunity to achieve the highest attainable level of functional improvement. Specialty programs include stroke rehabilitation, brain injury rehab, orthopedic physical therapy, and amputation treatment.
Coordinates management of care and ensures optimum utilization of resources, service delivery and compliance with external review agencies. Provides ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care planning, plan implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Enhances the quality of patient management and satisfaction, to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the integration of functions of case management, utilization review and management and discharge planning.
Provides ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care coordination, plan implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs while ensuring patient preferences. Serves as a patient advocate through resource utilization, discharge planning and addressing the holistic needs of the patient.
The Case Manager (CM) is responsible for providing care coordination including needs assessment and identification of care options, communication with patients and families in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. The CM shall be accountable for carrying out all responsibilities in accordance with Kindred Healthcare CORE values.Qualifications
- Current Registered Nurse or Social Work licensure required.
- Certification in Case Management or Rehabilitation Nursing preferred; for example, Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCM); Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) certification, American Case Management Association (ACM) or Board Certification in CM by the ANCC e.g.: RN-BC
- Minimum of 2 years social work or case management experience in an inpatient setting highly preferred; acute/rehabilitation hospital experience preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English, additional languages a plus.
- Basic computer skills in excel, word, outlook, power point, etc. required.
- Must have good organizational skills, time management skills and analytical ability in order to interpret information and carry out duties independently
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.