Admissions Associate PRNAustin, Texas
- Communicate clearly and concisely within the department and with other hospital departments
- Process patient's hospital admission documents, insurance information (including coverage verifications) and admission consents; provide information on admission policies/procedures to patients, family members and visitors
- Interact professionally with patient and family; provide explanations and reassurance when necessary
- Prepare patient I.D. Card for charging purposes; ensure admission documents and I.D. card are delivered to correct nursing unit
- Notify departments of procedures required during admission such as dialysis, PCA pump, surgery and ventilator
- Gather patient's demographic and financial information; enter into hospital computer system
Qualifications include a High School diploma, detail-oriented with accurate 30-40 wpm typing skills and experience with computer data entry.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.