Speech Language Pathologist Arlington, Texas
Texas Rehabilitation Hospital of Arlington is a tri venture, which consists of Texas Health Resources and Methodist Health System and Kindred Healthcare. We offer specialized treatment programs for patients recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation and orthopedic injury. Our rehabilitation programs are centered around the individual needs of each patient to improve health, function and quality of life.
We are currently seeking a Speech Language Pathologist to join our acute rehabilitation team
As a Speech Language Pathologist / SLP you will:
Play an important part in helping our patient to recover and feel better about themselves by providing therapy to maximize speech, language, cognitive and swallowing abilities.
Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges daily to patient records.
Document patient care in accordance with Kindred, regulatory, licensing, payer and accrediting requirements.
Instruct patient's family or nursing staff in follow-through programs.
Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean condition.
Make presentations to support marketing efforts, at team conferences and in-services.
Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the Company's Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standard and applicable state/federal laws.
- Graduate of a master’s level program in Speech Language Pathology which is accredited by Education Standards Board or whose practice meets ASHA certification requirements.
- Meet the education and experience requirements for Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology or Audiology granted by ASHA
- Minimum of six months speech therapist / speech language pathologist experience working with an adult and geriatric population.
- Current and unrestricted Speech Language Pathologist license in the state where services are rendered.
- Current CPR certification.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.