Director of Quality Management Arlington, Texas
Texas Rehabilitation Hospital of Arlington is a tri venture, which consists of Texas Health Resources and Methodist Health System and Kindred Healthcare. We offer specialized treatment programs for patients recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation and orthopedic injury. Our rehabilitation programs are centered around the individual needs of each patient to improve health, function and quality of life.
The DQM assumes responsibility and accountability for the hospital-wide Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement program. The DQM will assist the CEO/leadership and Medical Staff to establish priorities for Performance Improvement. He/she ensures that disciplines in the hospital work collaboratively to plan and implement Performance Improvement activities. The DQM will focus on measuring, analyzing and trending information in order to improve outcomes. He/she will assure ongoing monitoring of performance to ensure that improvements are sustained. The DQM will direct and assist in compliance with federal and state regulations and accreditation standards.
- Provides leadership and oversight of a comprehensive, efficient and integrated organization wide Continuous Quality Performance Improvement program.
- Measures and assesses performance through collection, analyses, and trending of data.
- Focuses on processes and systems to improve performance.
- Directs, facilitates, and reports on all aspects of services relating to risk management and patient safety.
- Investigates factors contributing to adverse outcomes in order to improve processes and systems.
- Encourages reporting on risk reduction strategies in an atmosphere which minimizes blame or retaliation. Fosters environment to reduce unanticipated adverse events and/or outcomes.
- Responsible for education of Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement and additional hospital-wide education and training.
- Directs the functions and operation of the hospital-wide continuous quality improvement program including review of records for indicators of quality; reports findings to leadership, Medical Executive Committee, the Board of Managers and other committees as appropriate.
- Responsible for education of Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement to hospital and medical staff.
- Annually reviews hospital wide plans for the functions of IC and CQPI and establishes goals and objectives for the next year.
- Acts as a liaison to local health officials, coordinates inspections and accreditation reviews with state and other regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development, and the aging process for the planning and delivery of age-appropriate care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse with current state licensure highly preferred.
- Clinical license required.
- Certification preferred by APIC (American Practitioners of Infection Control), and NAHCQ (National Association of Health Care Quality).
- BSN or BS/BA required. Two years of experience in an acute hospital or rehabilitation setting required. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support/CPR Card.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and evaluate PI activities, effective oral and written communication skills and proficiency in basic computer skills required.
- Working knowledge of staff development and the educational process, quality improvement, infection control/employee healthy, and safety/risk management standards.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, in English with additional languages preferred; proficiency in basic computer skills required.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.