Charge Nurse - PRNArlington, Texas
The Charge Nurse is a registered nurse who works in coordination with nursing leadership. The Charge Nurse is the first line support for staff, physicians and other related providers on clinical issues and provides assessment, prioritization and direction of activities to meet the challenging demands of the hospital units. Following the direction of the Nurse Manager, he or she assumes accountability for fostering the established professional practice and care delivery models through directing, coaching and mentoring the nursing staff. The Charge Nurse Implement’s unit specific strategies as well as colleague specific practice remediation that results in achieving specific clinical quality and patient safety outcomes. This role also collaborates with the Nurse Manager on clinical development (employee relations, individual behaviors, physician relationships, etc.) and is the clinical support for the department when the Nurse Manager is unavailable.Qualifications
- Graduate of accredited registered nurse program with current licensure in the state, BSN preferred.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support required. (ACLS for TX)
- Mandatory child and adult abuse certificate required
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN) preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in rehabilitative or acute care setting and/or demonstrates leadership ability.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, evaluate and direct activities of clinical personnel; effective oral and written communication skills, in English with additional languages preferred; proficiency in basic computer skills required.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.