Hospital Director of Education Albuquerque, New Mexico
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our Director of Education answers this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As the most acute level of care in Kindred's continuum, our transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our leadership play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As a Director of Education you will:
You will be responsible for planning,
coordinating and teaching the continuing and in-service education for the
hospital. This includes general hospital orientation and training on issues
identified by the Hospital Quality Council or a Performance Improvement Team
Plan as well as education required under the Corporate Compliance Agreement.
- Develop short-term and long-term educational goals/objectives based on department's specific needs; develop Annual Education Plan and prepare evaluation; provide continuing education related to the care of Adults and/or other age groups.
- Assist Department Managers in developing and implementing job-specific competencies; maintain education information for regulatory agency review; compile and maintain an accurate and complete education record on each employee
- Investigate and plan in-services for new techniques, practices, equipment and products; develop/implement in-house CPR Program i.e. ACLS, BLS, Heartsaver
- Develop and update Education Department Policies and Procedures; report Education Statistics to the Quality Council and Environment of Care Committee
- Serve as consultant to the Hospital Quality Council and function as supervisor for the Electronic Medical Record system
DOE, Director of Education, Education Director, Educator, RN Education, Nurse Educator, Nurse Education, Hospital Educator, Staff Development, Nursing Education, Dir Education, 87102
Education: Bachelors degree in nursing or other healthcare related field.
Masters degree in nursing or a healthcare related field preferred. Additional state requirements as applicable. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
Licenses/Certification: Appropriate state licensure for clinical specialty. BCLS and ACLS certifications. Clinical Nurse Specialist Preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years experience as clinical preceptor or management experience required. Minimum five years experience in an acute care Medical/Surgical and/or ICU/CCU setting.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.