Director, Nutritional and Culinary ServicesAlbuquerque, New Mexico
- Responsible for organizing and directing the overall operation of the Nutrition & Culinary Services clinical nutrition and culinary service function in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local guidelines and regulations, company policies and procedures to ensure that quality food service and nutrition care is provided to the patients, employees, and guests.
- Manages the department's financials by maintains records of department expenditures, daily meal counts, and compiling end of the month financial reports and turn into Administration.
- Develops or oversees the department schedule to assure adequate staff to provide services, but within budgeted FTEs
- Performs or oversees ordering and delivery of food, supplies, and equipment from approved vendors to ensure adequate stock levels to perform departmental functions.
- Organizes or oversee the organization of food preparation and service by using production sheets and planned menus for patients, cafeteria, and catering; cook huddles as needed
- Ensure proper food preparation preserving nutrient content, quality, flavor, and appearance per state and federal regulations.
- Provides oversight of the menu management process
- Participates in the hospital's Performance Improvement program by conducting, aggregating, trending, and acting on data for key foodservice indicators.
- Annual QAPI department plan is developed with mandatory components. Monthly reports are taken to hospital committee as per facility policy.
- Monitors quality control in kitchen by assuring quality measure are routinely done; spot checking logs frequently for accuracy of data and conducts weekly kitchen safety/sanitation audits
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in dietetics or nutrition related field required.
- Registration from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (www.cdrnet.org)
- Licensure and/or certification from the State Licensing Board for Dietitians
- Food Protection Manager Certification from an ANSI-CFP accredited program
- Three years experience as a dietitian.
- Two years experience in foodservice management preferred.
- Experience in acute care hospital setting preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.